Online shopping is convenient, easy, and quick. But before you start adding items to your cart, make sure you are up-to-date and have the latest security software, web browers and operating system.
The GTBank SecureCode is a free added online security service to guard you against unauthorized use of your MasterCard card while shopping online at participating merchants. There is no need to get a new card, no software to download, no cost, and no hassles just added security.
Common reasons why your SecureCode registration might fail:
1. Incorrect/incomplete card number
2. Incorrect details entered e.g. expiry date, activation code or CVV
3. Selecting ‘register with temporary access code’ instead of ‘register now’
4. Non-acceptance of the terms and conditions
5. A slow internet browser can deter connection; after two unsuccessful attempts, the card will be blocked and SecureCode will not be generated.
6. Remember your SecureCode is case sensitive so typing an incorrect entry more than twice on the merchant website will result in a declined transaction.
7. When you forget what your SecureCode is and try to generate another one without calling GTBank to cancel the previous SecureCode.
8. Remember the password should be made up of alphanumeric characters that are 8 digits in length (no special characters). Entering more than the stipulated length or password combination for the secure code will result in a declined transaction.
If you are experiencing difficulty in registering for SecureCode, you can visit our site at www.gtbank.com/cardsecure for a step by step guide on how to register.
For more information kindly call our 24 hour contact center on any of the numbers: 0700-482666328, 234-1-4480000, 08029002900, 08039003900