Having the right product photos on your storefront is necessary for growing sales. An online store does not provide customers the opportunity to physically see, smell, hear, touch or taste products. Therefore it is very important that your product images replicate reality. This will not only make your online storefront visually appealing, it will also help increase your sales. Here are some tips on getting the right photos for your SME MarketHub storefront.
1. Camera: Use the right gadget. Take your product photos with high resolution cameras and get them professionally edited. Nothing sells like a good picture.
2. Lighting: Lights. Camera. Action. Lighting is very important in product photography. We suggest using natural light or studio lights for best results.
3. Photo background: A white background will make your products stand out. White backgrounds are not distracting and ensure customers focus only on the product and its visible features.
4. Multiple angles: Take and upload pictures of the product from different angles. Remember that your potential customers only see a 2D image so it is important to help them create a 3D mental representation by showing the product from different angles: a top view, a side view, a back view and possibly a view of the bottom depending on the type of product. Remember to ensure the object/product is in the centre of the picture.
5. Close-Up: If you’ve got a good product, flaunt it! Close-up views of your products allow you show smaller details. This is effective if the product has a feature that differentiates it from substitutes. This could be the texture or the patterns.
6. Image dimensions and size: Consistency is key! Make sure all your images have the same dimensions so they align properly on the page. Also, to ensure easy upload, try to keep the sizes of your images under 300kb. If you are uploading multiple images at once, take note of the maximum upload limit, which is 2MB per upload.