In recent times, there’s been a national security upgrade in Nigeria, however, even after taking extra care, some things might go wrong when you least expect.
We care about your safety and comfort during your stay in Nigeria. This is why we need you to be alert and always prepared to handle any situation at any time. You can be your own security as well as use the help of some other homeland emergency services whenever you need them.
First, here are some safety tips you’ll need.
- Stay away from overcrowded areas
- While in public, keep your phones and gadgets in hand to avoid pickpocketing
- Double-check that your car windows are wound up and doors locked anytime you step out
- While driving, avoid ‘service lane’ except you are making a stop or turn
- While on a lonely highway, watch out for trailing cars via your rear mirror and never allow them overtake you
- Minimise your social media update of your whereabout
- Turn off your location map
- Always move around with little cash and a backup – your ATM Card
- Memorise at least one Nigerian phone number belonging to a friend or family member
- Drink responsibly.
Lagos Emergency Services (Police, Fire Service, Ambulance, Domestic Violence) – Call 767 or 112
State Security Service (SSS) – Call 08132222105
Federal Road Safety Corps – Call 122 or 07002255372
GTConnect Customer Care – Call 0700482666328, 08029002900, 08039003900
Airtime top up – Dial *737*Amount# from the Nigerian line linked to your GTBank account.
Enjoy your stay in Nigeria!