Do you always feel overwhelmed, craving more time to get your work done?
We all know time is a limited resource and has to be managed properly if you want to achieve your set goals. With so many things to do in running your business from responding to customer enquiries, fulfilling orders, restocking and balancing your sheets, you cannot afford to mismanage the time you have.
Here are 5 apps to help you manage your time more effectively:
This time-tracking app records how and where you spend your time online. It enables you understand your daily habits so you can be more organised and more productive.
- Set reminder alerts so you know when you have spent a certain time on an activity
- Temporarily block websites that distract you
- Log highlights and accomplishments during your day
- Analyse time spent on emails, meetings, websites, applications and other activities so you understand how you spent your day
- Produce detailed reports and data based on your activity
The focus booster timer helps you to maintain focus and handle distractions well. It was created based on the Pomodoro Technique which states that frequent breaks helps to improve mental performance. It involves the breakdown of work into timed intervals (25 minutes) separated by short breaks.
- Pomodoro timer to help you focus and monitor your progress
- Timesheets to record your sessions
- Time tracking so you know how and where you spend your time
- Reports and analytics
You can learn more about the Pomodoro Technique here.
Never miss a deadline with this time management app. Wunderlist is a to-do list app that assists to get work done easily.
- Organise and share your to-do list
- Set due dates and reminders for tasks
- Share your tasks, assign tasks and co-ordinate with your teammates, friends and family
- Add notes so you don’t forget your ideas
This has a simple and easy to use interface, which sets it apart from other apps. It allows you to manage your tasks and projects both online and offline. It is similar to Wunderlist which helps you to keep track of the important tasks you have to achieve.
- Access your to do lists from anywhere
- Collaborate on shared tasks in real time
- Set reminders and due dates for deliverables
This helps you to manage your tasks more effectively by prioritizing with the 1-3-5 method. It is built on the 135 rule that you should divide your tasks into 1 (big), 3 (medium) and 5 (small) things to accomplish that day. However, it is also customisable so you can create your list however you wish to.
With this rule, you remain focused on the important goals and get less caught up in tasks that are not important.
- Use the 1-3-5 list template or create your own list
- Create headings and rearrange tasks
- Work from any device