You do not have to visit a bank or stay in long queues at a bank if you need to open a bank account – Banking has been made easy for everyone.
Thanks to technology and innovation, you can now open a bank account using your mobile phone. No need for airtime or internet data to get this done – just about any phone can achieve the task.
Read Also: How to Make the most of your money
It only takes about 5 minutes to secure a bank account via your phone since you’ll be boycotting the stress of filling a long list of details on an account opening form. All you need is to provide a few basic information about yourself.
Here’s how to open a GTBank account with your mobile phone.
Dial *737*0# on your mobile phone and follow the onscreen prompts.
Once you sign up, your ten-digit account number (NUBAN) will be created automatically and sent to you via SMS. You can also use your phone number as your account number to carry out simple transactions like withdrawing cash without the use of an ATM [cardless withdrawal].
There is a lot you can gain from owning a GTBank account, they include:
- One time visit for authentication and BVN linking
- Save on a daily, weekly or monthly basis at an annual interest rate of 3.9%.
- Deposit and withdraw money at GTBank branches or GTExpress locations.
Things you can do via your bank account
- Save money: By depositing any amount of money and allowing it accrue interest over a period of time, you save for the future.
- Buy airtime: Simply dial *737*amount# to recharge your mobile phone. Dial *737*Amount*Recipient’s number# to recharge a friend.
- Transfer funds: To transfer to a GTBank Account, dial *737*1*Amount*Recipient’s Account Number# and follow the on-screen prompts. To send to other Banks, Dial *737*2*Amount*Recipient’s Account Number# and follow the on-screen prompts.
- Pay bills and fees
- Data and cable Subscriptions
- Book Flights and Hotels
Note that by opening an account via your mobile phone, you can only deposit a maximum of N50, 000 per transaction, and you are also entitled to a maximum account balance of N300, 000. You can always upgrade your account afterwards if you need to carry out higher amount transactions.
What are you waiting for? Dial *737*0# to get started.
Check this out: How to save for Christmas, in July
For more inspiration, watch 737 Moments Music video.