Ever encountered a silent ride in an elevator, where everyone is so busy with their phones and don’t even care to say “hi”? Well, this habit is common, especially in a work environment when the elevator is filled with staff of different levels. This could make the elevator tensed at a point when no one wants to break the ice. How about you taking the bull by the horn?
When next you find yourself in an elevator, dare to be different by engaging the people you are riding with. Here are some weird things you can say or do in an Elevator.
1. Greet everyone getting on the elevator with a warm smile and handshake if possible
2. Ask each passenger getting on what floor they are going to and push the button for them
3. Look at the people around and say “what if we got stuck here or there’s an elevator fall?”
4. Crack open your briefcase or bag, and while peering inside say “the air in here is better, want some?”
5. Draw a little square on the floor with chalk and announce to the other passengers that this is your “personal space”
6. When everyone is silent, look around and ask “did an angel just pass?”
7. Start a very interesting conversation that will make passengers forget to alight at their floor
8. Make some animal sounds with your mouth closed, and ask “what was that?”
9. Say something corny like “Imagine how terrifying it will be to take an elevator without doors”
10. Say “Ok bye!” 15 seconds before the door opens.
Like mentioned earlier, it’s a dare, not everyone has the boldness to be the odd one in a gathering of adults. However, if you can pull all of the above tips off, you can do or say anything to anyone in any environment.