This is a call for budding female artists, painters and photographers to participate in the Days of Dorcas Photography Competition.
Sponsored by foremost African financial institution, Guaranty Trust Bank plc, the Days of Dorcas Photography Competition is a platform for talented female artists between the ages of 18 – 35 years, to enhance their career in visual arts and photography.
How To Enter Contest:
Send in your entries on the theme “The Elegance of the African People” via the website www.art635.gallery/daysofdorcas.
- Get an accepted Art635 Artist onboarding Application to become a part of the Art635 Gallery.
- Upload 3 photographs of 72 dpi with dimension not larger than 1200 X 1800 pixels.
- The overall title of work and captions for each photograph.
- Label each work with the artist’s name, date, title, caption and Days Of Dorcas (e.g.obu_peter_2_8_2017_myface_kitten_facenumber1_DaysofDorcas).
- Year of production
- A Motivational statement of not more than 300 words of why you want to attend the workshop.
- Photographers must have full rights to the photos submitted.
A panel of judges will select twenty-five (25) participants who will attend a 6-day workshop, between 28th May, 2018 and 2nd June, 2018. At the end of the workshop, the winner and 1st runner-up will be rewarded with photography equipment worth the equivalent of N500, 000 and N250, 000, respectively.
The Days of Dorcas Photography Competition is a part of the Art635 Gallery, a GTBank Initiative launched to promote African art and culture, and the 6-day workshop will be facilitated by the following renowned Art Professionals;
- TY Bello, celebrity photographer and philanthropist
- Uche Okpa-Iroha, Founding member of Blackbox photograph
- Yetunde Ayeni-Babaeko, Founder of Camara-Studios
- Bénédicte Kurzen, French photographer
- Jumoke Sanwo, Video Art and Virtual Reality artist
Entries close on Thursday, 17th May, 2018. Click HERE to register