1. Be professional. Use an appropriate-looking profile image and put in complete and up-to-date information.
2. Give a detailed description of what you do in your profile.
3. Before you ask for a connection, learn about the person.
4. An inactive profile doesn’t flatter anyone. Put up updates at least two times a week, on Monday and on Friday.
5. Never over-promote yourself. There’s nothing appealing about that.
6. Join relevant groups and participate actively in discussions.
7. Reach out and make meaningful connections. What are you on LinkedIn for if not for that?
8. The projects section of your profile isn’t there for nothing. Use it.
9. Be personal, amiable and specific. when asking for a connection. Generic messages won’t do.
10. Share useful articles and videos relevant to your area of specialisation.