Arts and crafts is one of the under-explored areas of entrepreneurship in Nigeria. However, with more attention dragged towards it through different Art forums like the GTBank Art635, arts is gradually gaining wide recognition in the country.
Arts is one of the four pillars of GTBank’s Corporate Social Responsibility policy and the Art635 Gallery is an online gallery where artists and sculptors from across African can exhibit their works and collaborate with each other and other veterans in the Art world.
As part of the itineraries for 2017, there will be an artiste workshop on November 25th, 2017 where different art icons and entrepreneurs will train artists on different topics that would boost their career.
Below are the speakers and what they would be speaking on.
Osa Okunkpolor (Osa Seven) – “Creating Art Relevant to the Public”
Chaamberlain Ukenedo – “Art, Artists & Art Exhibitions”
Akinlabi Akinbulumo – “The Business of Art”.
Ayobola Kekere-Ekun – “Art and Technology”.
Lolade Fadoju – “How to Market Your Art Online/ How to get on the SME MarketHub”
To be a part of this workshop, you must meet the following criteria:
- Must be 18 – 25 years of age.
- Must have sufficient evidence of your artistic skill and work somewhere online i.e. social media pages, personal website etc.
- Must send an email indicating your interest in participating in the workshop and online evidence of your artistic work.
- Must receive a confirmation email inviting you to attend the workshop.
- Must bring a screenshot or printout of your invitation to the workshop venue on the day of the workshop.
Application deadline is 12 noon (GMT+1) on Thursday 23rd November 2017.
To participate, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Application to Participate in the Hard Part of Art Workshop”.
Send with your full name, date of birth, phone number and the relevant URLs to the website/ social media handles were we can view some of your artistic work.