As a Non Resident Nigerian visiting the country for the Christmas festivities, some money-spending activities will call your attention for sure, but do not fret, your NRN account gives you access to multiple services to make transactions easy for you, while you are in Nigeria and in your country of residence.
Here are the electronic channels available to help you manage your finance.
- MasterCard (USD and Naira denominated)
- Visa Card (USD denominated)
With your Guaranty Trust Bank MasterCard and Visa card can do the following safe transactions;
- Access your funds from about 2.1 million ATMs worldwide including the one in your village.
- Pay for goods and services in about 34 million locations worldwide (hotels, supermarkets, petrol stations, etc) in 210 countries.
Irrespective of where you are, you can contact our customer care instant service via a touch-tone or mobile phone. The phone lines are open for business 24 hours a day, seven days a week (Including public holidays)
Every NRN customer with a PIN password can also do the following:
- Check account(s) balances
- Transfer funds between own accounts and to 3rd parties with accounts in GTBank
- Request electronic cards
- Request cheque books
- Confirm cheques
- Stop cheques
- Reactivate dormant accounts
Every NRN customer with an internet banking password can do the following via the GTBank Internet Banking platform
- View real time account balances and track up-to-the minute transactions on their accounts
- Set up a standing order instruction to transfer funds to other accounts within GTBank and other Banks in Nigeria (Direct debit).
- Transfer funds to beneficiaries with GTBank accounts or accounts in other banks via NEFT
- Confirm cheques online and such confirmations are automatically registered on the Banking Application
- Request for cheque books
- Print Statement of account in PDF format or export to MS Excel format
- PIN change: Users can change their login PIN (password) at any time
* All identification documents, Bank or Credit Card statement issued within the last three-months, and utility bills (if foreign) must be notarized by a notary public, sighted at the Nigerian Embassy or by an officer at GTBank.
If you have misplaced your GTBank NRN MasterCard, You should hotlist the card immediately. To block your lost, stolen or compromised card – Send ‘HOTLIST (NUBAN) to 08076665555 E.g HOTLIST to 08076665555 or Contact GTConnect, our fully interactive contact center. You can obtain another card by completing the Naira MasterCard Application and indemnity Form then send the duly signed form to the Contact Center.