The internet is full of thieves and fraudsters united by one common goal – to separate you from your hard-earned cash. Here’s our guide to staying one step ahead of the bad guys.
Follow our security tips to stay safe online and you can shop, surf and socialise online, and sleep soundly afterwards too.
1. Create strong passwords for your Internet Banking login and card details. Combine capital and lowercase letters with numbers and symbols to create a more secure password.
Change them often.
2. Keep your ATM cards safe and do not share your personal identity number (PIN) with anyone. Do not keep any written copy of your PIN with your card. Memorize it.
3. Check your bank account statements and card transactions regularly to make sure these only reflect transactions you have made. If you see a transaction you cannot explain, report it to the bank.
4. Watch out for copycat websites. Don’t fall prey to any website that looks similar to GTBank’s website. Check the URL carefully. (https://)
5. Keep security software current: Having the latest security software, web browser, and operating system are the best defenses against viruses, malware, and other online threats.Five
Watch this video on Five Tips to help you Stay Safe Online